This important local Award, created to commemorate Dr. Anna Maria Briganti - a leading character in the Soroptimist Club Grosseto - has had different destinations and purposes over the years, always aimed at enhancing the excellence of the area. The edition 2022 was committed to Arts and Crafts dressed up as eco-sustainable tourism in the Tuscany Maremma.
Tourism is the first productive activity in the Province of Grosseto and we, as well as other realities in our area, invested a lot in quality of hospitality and respect with environment.
At Domus socolatae we respect the three main components to regenerative tourism: local economic growth, social and cultural development and environmental sustainability
ln this perspective, our commitment has long been aimed at building a network of touristic companies - based on a quality offer aimed to improve the territory, too - through the two associations Follonica FABB and Host Maremma Toscana, of which Rita has the honor of carrying out the role of president.
From a social point of view, the team of the Domus Socolatae Residenza d'Epoca is made up of non-EU citizens and our welcome is inclusive. Our guests are also LGBTQ+ travellers, with us gays and lesbians can spend a few days in peace and enjoy that unique atmosphere that our gay-friendly holiday facility manages to e Gay-friendly dwelling in North Tuscan Maremma, located in an environment where nature, art, history and gourmet are the masters.
By the Rosa iridis Onlus in Principe island (Sao Tomè and Principe) the property take action in an ethical business projects in order to make people find, especially through work, part of the dignity and respect they deserve.
After a careful conservative renovation, the "Domus Socolatae Historical dwelling" right now is completely renovated, joining tradition and modern technologies.
According with the environmental and economic point of view we pay particular attention to renewable energy, waste and water management, an eco-design “home” joins tradition and modernity with style and harmony.
The furniture and furnishings are all recovered and restored by local workers in the name of the fight against waste
At breakfast we provide homemade and zero kilometer products, our services include technological devices and home automation to make our guests' stay more comfortable and safe, we don’t use plastic no more even in our professional product for the bodies and home fragrances, we use only led lamps.
- the photovoltaic and solar system for water heating - always with the use of home automation and innovative technological devices we respond to the need of our guests to limit personal contact and make their stay increasingly safe and pleasant
- eliminated the plastic:
a machine that draws directly from the drinking water of the aqueduct, purifying it, making it available to guests in the common area and inserting it in glass bottles used for breakfast and in the refrigerator of each room
plastic courtesy products have been eliminated and steel dispensers are available in the bathrooms for dispensing the bath-shower and body cream with cocoa essence, unique and particular, with the Domus Socolatae brand
- adopted a water recycling system in the bathrooms for the toilets
- only led lamps are in use
- planned to install an electric car charging station in the parking lot reserved for our structure, as soon as we receive the municipal authorisation
- in order to break down architectural barriers we have inserted a latest generation electric lifting platform and hooked up to a special photovoltaic system
- relaxation is guaranteed with our personalized massages, chromotherapy in the showers and in specific areas of some rooms, the jacuzzi in the garden. Our services aim to revitalize and rejuvenate the mind and body